Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"Rest your head on my shoulder"

Today was a shoulder day..

You know ... people have hump day..... TGIF days..

Well today was my official shoulder day.... I rested on a few today.. the great thing about my shoulder day is that is seems to come with hugs....

... one from my boss Deb, who let me lay my head on her shoulder for a big hug..replying calmly while I sobbed 'everything seems out of control today"..it's not Mary.. it's not".. and I always believe her..

.... one included a bag with "mu mu' dresses that button up the front to wear while I recover.. heal... cry and get stronger (I LOVE THEM and plan on wearing them drinking a tropical drink this weekend) from one of "my girls" (wonderful ladies that are part of my team).

.....one was accompanied by a bath bomb shaped like a cupcake (yeah) from Angie..who carried it on a plane to keep it safe while coming back from vacation

...one jumped out at me from a funny wacky card that my dear friends "the Mikes" constantly send me to make me laugh and wonder about their sanity..

.... one from my sweet Tim who with one look at my face as I walked in the door said "come sit by me and let me hug you" and pulled my head to his shoulder while we sat for a few quiet minutes taking about my day..

"put your head on my shoulder.. whisper into my ear .. baby"

sigh.. all better

No comments:

Post a Comment