Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Real Yoga 101--no paramedics involved..

My daughter Julia lives not far from me "in the club" which is nestled in the foothills here in Anthem.. and the community center there has classes that are free for those that live there.. and also with a small charge for those of us that visit.. so tonight we did yoga..

You will have to excuse the rambling of this post but my arms, back, neck , shoulders and inside organs are so sore from "opening up to the sun" positions that I can barely type..

There was one that we had to put one foot in front of the other and kinda twist and kinda sit down and I realized I was sitting in the opposite direction of all the other "yogi"... like a pretzel but also backwards.. it is good to know that this does not give you a heart attack all though it is pretty humiliating..

The saving grace to this humiliation was that my granddaughter was with us.. so it probably was pretty embarrassing for her as well, which we grandparents always love ... I am sure that she will say one day that she has always known me to be backwards and twisted and did not need a yoga class to know that.

Lessons learned = recipe for success....

Do it again.. always do it one more time.. . I felt like I was putting my body through its paces.. even though I wanted to throw up after 40 minutes.. but I want to do it again...

Resist the impulse to giggle hysterically in a crowd while standing on one foot trying to keep your balance.. .. even when you have to pee.. I accomplished this tonight..

Have children and grandchildren that love you no matter how upside down or uncoordinated you are.. one of my best things in my recipe..

Realize with no uncertainty that you are better, stronger, more persistent than you think..

defying gravity.....I am defying gravity... one yoga position at a time..

2 comments:

  1. It was so much fun and you did an amazing job! I can't wait to go again! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you first born lotus blossom.. Namasta :)

    ReplyDelete