Monday, June 14, 2010

"an excellant choice"

You know how when you go to a restaurant....

...and you are considering and considering what entree you will order.. hummm.. think ..think.. so many choices.. and you finally decide.. your waiter who has calmly waited as you reviewed all parts of each choice.. firmly states ...."an excellent choice!"

This is exactly what my Dr. Harrison stated when I told her I agreed to a double mastectomy.. there I wrote it down.. it is real.. and now to be planned. The second thing she stated after we talked and talked about my choice.. was "let me write that on your chest... oh for Pete's sake.. I mean your CHART!".. ok.. I am in love with my doctor.. I was a hold out.. but not now.. I am adding her to my yoga Mark and her shiny sister the office manager Carol....

I have made the choice.. due to my history and the fact that this cancer may be lurking.. hiding behind and below and within my other breast.. to remove the fear and reduce the chance it has from ruling my life. It really wasn't a difficult decision.. emotional now that it is actually made.. and my first born smartest in the world child helped me realize why..

You see God holds me close to him.. and has guided people to me in my life for the very reason that I will need them now.. Julia and I were talking about how amazing and fortunate I am really.. and how wondrous god is.

This last year old friends have returned from long absences, I have been surrounded by new friends with compassionate hearts that value others .. sincerely.. involved with the running club, picked up and hugged by the leaders of Team Wish (my daughter's Susan G Komen 3 day walk team) who yelled out in Starbucks.. 'WE ARE WALKING FOR YOU MARY!" and prayed for every moment of every day.. a circle of love as my friend Anita would say..

who could have a better life.. not me...."let me write that on my chest :) "

No comments:

Post a Comment