Thursday, July 8, 2010

"the higher the hair.. the closer to God"

so let's take a moment and review the pre operation instructions that I received and just today read... you may comment "that is ridiculous or that is just absurd" at any part of the review...

no food or drink after midnight.. I can have one sip of water to take my blood pressure medicine in the morning when I get up.. at 4:30 a.m to get to the hospital by 5:30 a.m to wait until 7:30 a.m. for surgery.. ok...ok.. know that..

either the night before or the morning of ....must shower with an anti bacterial soap... umm.. this is new.. although I make ever effort to take a shower and shave my legs prior to any doctor's visit, surgery or weekend away with the hubby.. I have never been instructed to take a shower prior to surgery.. ok.. ok.. makes sense..

remove all jewelry.. of course ..yes will do that..

oh.. ok.. ah.. what.. WHAT?? no lotion, mascara, eyeliner, hair products, HAIR SPRAY to be used prior to surgery.. huh..? what.?. wait a minute there .. I ALWAYS WEAR MASCARA and just a little bit of blush before I HAVE SURGERY!! You never know..who is going to be looking at you.. and they would say.. "great lashes!".. so I am just saying..

and no HAIRSPRAY OR HAIR PRODUCTS?? I AM ITALIAN.. WE ALWAYS USE HAIR SPRAY... THE HIGHER THE HAIR THE CLOSER TO GOD! This saying is actually on a Christmas ornament that I got this year.. so you know it is true.. Christmas ornaments do not lie..

sigh.. ok well.. my only choice is to wear my really good panties.. You never know.. who is going to be looking at you..

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Isn't it funny how when times are stressful or chaotic we look to mundane, familiar things like mascara and hair spray to keep us sane and feeling normal. I'm sure you'll look lovely even without your beauty products.

    Good luck next week...we'll be thinking of you!! :)

    Love,
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete