Saturday, September 18, 2010

birthday adventures - good times.. good times..

Today I was stolen by some of my team...for a birthday celebration..  "be at this place at this time and don't google it" Paula in charge emailed me.. 

....I promised I wouldn't google .. and I did not.. I do not think they believed me.. but I did not google.  My sweet Tim... in on it to the end ... would not let me even map quest it and gave me directions..

So after my run, a shower and a little nap, I took of to "Gooseberries".. which is on 7th street just south of Thunderbird..to discover a wonderful tea place full of china cups and odds and ends..

I love tea places and my "girls" and I have gone to a couple places off and on over the years to celebrate holidays or birthdays.. but most have closed and we have been busy and it is not as easy to sneak away.. but today they gave up their Saturday to sneak away for me..

They snuck away for me and treated me to a wonderful lunch which ended in of course my emotional telling them that they were incredible and I could not be more happy to have them to celebrate a birthday with me..

I found myself looking at them and realizing although they are so different in many ways.. they are exactly the same in others.. they have a sincerity about them that is hard to miss if you know them well.. and I know them well.. as their supervisor it is my job to protect and guide them but I find that they circle round me as my shield when I need it.. my circle of wonder women protection.. one of my blessings but with lots of parts and pieces..

As we walk our path of life,

We meet people everyday.

Most are simply met by chance.

But, some are sent our way.

and if you are lucky like me.. and if you are blessed like me.. you sneak away to tea parties with those sent your way..

No comments:

Post a Comment