Thursday, June 10, 2010

Just shine....Just shine...

It really is amazing to me how lately I find inspiration in things said and done around me.... cancer does make you pay attention... words become very personal and intense.. there is meaning in everything.. lessons constantly surround you.. emotional recipes being thrown together to see what works and what keeps you from crying..

This evening I attended a work related dinner...great food, wine flows.... hugs and kisses from those you see everyday and those you see once in a while.... my company won two awards... it really doesn't matter what they were... what matters is the way they were accepted..

Both of the recipients spoke from the heart... sincerely... they acknowledged their feelings towards others.....pay attention here... they acknowledged their feelings towards others.. opened their hearts and gave value to those around them.. I was so proud to be a part of that moment.. a part of the things they value and a revelation came to me......

You have heard, I am sure, the expression "I can see the light at the end of the tunnel".. you know... after misery and trauma.. you look away from yourself and see the light.. passage away from terrible times to some place open and away.

I realized that if you are lucky...like me.. if you are blessed... like me.. you will find yourself one day surrounded by family, friends and people that love you ...people that actually see that light.... that elusive light at the end of the tunnel... is really within your own heart...

If you are especially lucky.. like me.. if you are especially blessed ... like me.. they will also make sure that you see that light as well... and then you can do exactly what one of our award winners suggested...

.... just shine...just shine...

No comments:

Post a Comment