Monday, June 7, 2010

fearless

This weekend we drove to California to participate in the graduation process of our youngest, Michelle. After years of hard work, she has achieved her PHD..and one of the celebration events planned was taking me to her yoga class...

I have mentioned a time or two before experiences with my new found mission to "yogi" but I do have to spend a minute or two more sharing this class with you.. not so much because I was dripping wet with sweat after 30 minutes of "hop, jump, fly" to new positions in a room with 25-28 people that got really warm after 15 minutes of everyone "hopping, jumping and flying to new positions" (which I might add included hand stands and back bends that showed incredible control and strength).. but because there was quite clearly enlightenment for me there....

Because I was brand new and at Michelle's request, Mark - instructor- put me exactly across from him so that he could assist me and immediately ( I am thinking to myself) remove me from the room when everyone realized.. I had no balance, strength or great yogi clothes for that matter..

As we started, I realized that there was more than a message of fitness and wholeness but a soft insistent spiritual message in the form of a story being shared by Mark the instructor.. Mark with the soft melodic voice and wonderful smile talked about a workshop he had attended and what he had realized while there.. in telling the story .. continuing it in pieces and parts throughout the workout.. you came to believe very much in what he was saying.. and I will share my understanding of it with you...

It is impossible to be fearless... however ... how you handle your fear is determined by your courage.. and courage comes from being authentic to yourself and tenacity...

authentic to yourself.... he reminded us not to watch our neighbor but to find in ourselves what we thought our limits would be and have the tenacity to push a bit more..

authentic to yourself.. to find the courage to face what ever life brings us....and be ourselves....

authentic to yourself.....Namasta... ommmmmmmmmm.....

So now I find myself in love with Carol, my surgeons desk manager, AND Mark with the soft voice helping my push through the fear and find my courage.. these people...angels on earth.. sent to heal.. how lucky can I be.

No comments:

Post a Comment