Thursday, May 20, 2010

pages of the cook book have started to arrive..

with any recipe.. there are steps and processes and procedures.. . mix dry ingredients first.. shift .. add wet ingredients next.. stir for 3 minutes.. steps.... I can almost forget that I have cancer. ... almost.. but then the next step always arrives.. reminding me .. encouraging me to own this challenge and go step by step..



First step.. symptoms.. Second step.. call Doctor.. Third step mammogram.. Fourth step biopsy... Fifth step.. throw up... on and on .. it is actually comforting to me that there are steps.. and processes and plans to be made.. it makes me feel like I have some control over my body.. that is out of control growing cancer without my permission..



So I open my mail and hold my breath.. paperwork.. the next step.. detailed detailed detailed questions and a welcome letter on pink paper....really PINK paper..pink for breast cancer.. my new color.. everything pink.... pink.. the color of cotton candy and a favorite old shirt.. pink..

I look good in pink.. I think.. ok.. next step..

No comments:

Post a Comment