Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ingredients that cannot be substituted...

Every one of us has started a recipe only to discover we are missing an ingredient.... we often in a fit of desperation substitute vanilla coffee mate for milk.. (I'm not telling whose cupcakes.. but they were GREAT!) and one in a while.. we try other substitutions that end up turning the batter green (Stevia sweetner)... and not in a good way..

Ingredients are like that.. some work so wonderfully together.. even if by accident.. others ruin the batter and we do not try them more than once..

The same things can be said for people in our lives...some make us more delicious and smoother (my wonderful Tim), some wake us up and others mellow out all the flavors and bring balance to who we are..

This last type of ingredient is my friend Anita.. this morning we learned that she has been in a terrible accident yesterday.. tire blow out, truck rolled over.. if Anita had not been sleeping with her head cradled near her husband.. she likely would have been killed.. she survived.. beat up.. grateful.. surrounded now by a ring of love helping her heal..

It made me think of the ingredients that make up the recipe that is me... what would I be like if my Anita ingredient had not been a part of this recipe.. I know I could not be me without her.. a part of myself would not be...

I am amazed that we are sent reminders that help us stop pitying ourselves for the messes we are in.. and bring in one more ingredient.. realization.. that we all have a destiny and a part in each others lives.. undeniable I would not be me without my parts... the ingredients that make me.. .. and my recipe changes as new ingredients are added.. never stopping.. always becoming more me..

No comments:

Post a Comment