Monday, May 24, 2010

the Yoga that wasn't

tonight was my first yoga class.. there is a gal up here in Anthem that teaches yoga part time.. Monday nights at 6 PM..

Now Yoga is very good for you (as my lotus blossom younger daughter will tell you!) .. it can help you cope with stress, meditate yourself to more awareness, and help heal you from the inside out.. so.. it is yoga for me.. except.. no one showed up.. really.. no one.. not even the instructor..

wrong place...nooooooo.. the guys working out to the bump bump bump music in one of the rooms told me.. "Yeah they have yoga next door... no one ever shows up til right at 6 or even after.." ok.. so I wait.. 5 mins.. flexing my toes.. getting ready... 10 mins.. closing my eyes and looking for the white light.. 12 minutes.. start giggling hoping no one is watching me stretch and look for the white light while I am setting in my car.. 15 minutes.. really start hooting when I realize that I am also trying to listen to talk radio about the oil spill and how no one is doing anything. .. Democrat or Republican... 20 minutes.. really start laughing, started car and went through McDonalds on the way home for an ice cream cone.. feel GREAT..

Wow.. yoga works.

2 comments:

  1. lol.... I am going to sign up for that class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of when I convinced myself I was too tired to workout without coffee, so I went to McDonalds to get a coffee and instead I got an M&M Mcflurry and ate it in the parking lot of the gym before driving home. At least you went inside the building...

    I'm glad you like yoga now though!

    ReplyDelete