Saturday, May 22, 2010

The kitchen staff..

Most big kitchens have people that work together as a team.. they work in assembly line fashion .. handling every crazy moment.. working like crazy through the rush.. my team is assembling and I am interviewing as I go....

Today my Julia and I attended the Scottsdale Heathcare Mother Daughter Tea.... because of my previous cancer treatment.. I still get emails from this facility every month.. they are a full service cancer center.. a wellness center.. a cocoon to go to when things hurt inside your heart and you need to feel better.. you are part of the family no matter how long you have been a survivor because the fight never stops.. and they need all the warriors they can get..

I know my friend Mike would take exception to my describing this as a fight.. he wants me to describe it in a more positive healing way.. the word fight to him is negative.. but I am a Colorado girl.. and I feel like fighting.. My youngest daughter Michelle posted lines from a John Mayer song on my facebook page .. and every time I read it I feel strong.. "I'm not running, I'm not scared... I am waiting.. and I'm prepare.."

The speaker at today's event.. is my surgeon.. I will not meet her officially until the first week of June.. She is my age.. has a sense of humor and gave us 7 important ingredients in our fight against cancer.... I was happy to be able to "interview" her for my team in a relaxed setting without me sitting on an exam table.. probably sobbing.. I am crying over everything..

I might add the room was packed..full of survivors.. note to all.. even if you are in treatment.. you are still a survivor... not all daughters had their moms and not all the moms had their daughters.. which made my daughter being there with me all the better.. she is part of my team..

"I'm not running, I'm not scared.. I am waiting .. and I'm prepared"

No comments:

Post a Comment