Thursday, May 13, 2010

The beginning.. finding the receipe

"Breast cancer Mary.. it's breast cancer.."

"excuse me.. I ..umn. I am not sure I understood you.."

"we just got the pathology report and it is positive"

I am reviewing in my head the conversation that took place when my Doctor called me while I was driving home to tell me that the biopsy I had had 72 hours earlier confirmed what the radiologist and nurses had suggested.. breast cancer..

"OK.... what do I do now?" For a brief moment my mind told me she was going to say "pray".. but instead she responded.. "stop all of your hormones.. it is hormone driven and we are going to refer you to a surgeon.. it is early early stages.." "if you are going to get breast cancer.. this is the best one you can get!"

Really? The Best?

I have heard that before.. this is my second "batch" of cancer that my body has made.. the first 3 years ago was discovered by a wonderful gynecologist who commented.. "this doesn't look right" during an exam and discovered I had a cancer similar to cervical..but not on my cervix.. it was in the wall near where it was supposed to be.. hiding from pap smears but not an eagle eyed woman named Patrica..

That made sense to me.. why would it be where it is supposed to be.. because leading up to that year.. I noticed that nothing on my body was were it is supposed to be.. from boobies to tummies to chins... "we are going to refer you to a surgeon" who then after telling my husband after my surgery.. "no cancer.. no cancer..I do this for a living..hahhaaha.. everything looks great" had to eat his words and tell me that the biopsy had come back positive.. He ate those words by telling me.. "if you are going to have cancer.. this is the best"

Really? The Best?

So here I go again.. trying to find the right recipe like I do for my cupcakes.. what things to add to make them taste good, moist, raise up nicely rounded..

I bake cupcakes.. I love them and I love making recipes to make them taste wonderful. . Mango coconut, chocolate with nutella centers, wonderful fluffy marshmallow frostings with strawberry and raspberry favors...melt in your mouth cupcakes..

Lots of ingrediants are being offered up.... these will be discussed at length..

"Have a cupcake kinda day"

2 comments:

  1. For a first timer.....I must say this is awesome! Im glad you decided to do this.
    As always much love ~
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Mary.
    We are supportive all the way!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete