Saturday, May 15, 2010

lessons learned

Although I am a cook that uses a pinch of this and a pinch of that in cooking.. I discovered early in my baking career that exact measurements are needed, some things can not be substituted and that you have to have patience.. a number of times my cupcakes have ended up "volcano" like because I just could not wait to open the oven door and test the tops for firmness with the tip of my index finger only to watch them sink into oblivion.. Be patient no matter how much you want to open the oven door.. be patient.. I have learned this valuable lesson through experience..


I am going to try to use these learned restraints in my fight against cancer. For those of you that know me.. you know that is against my nature... It is hard for me to have patience ..


I hate waiting for the visit to the surgeon...it feels like I am wasting time.. and I cannot waste precious time .. so I end up reading and researching and checking on what ingredients I can use to make this cancer go away.... it is a different cancer.. and it has different strengths and vulnerabilities.. there are so many suggestions..from so many people.. check the Internet, don't get on the Internet, use this.. take that.. try what???

I have learned this week that you should eat blueberries every day.. that white tea is the best for you .. to take aloe (from the plant) with you to radiation, that when you go to Sprouts for vitamins and tell them you are looking for things that stop, fight, eradicate, deny and blow up breast cancer... you end up with great friends....even ones that tell you.. "my sister tried this.. but she died anyway"..

But this is the most important thing that I have learned this week...I have learned that if you get up to run early in the morning.. the air smells sweet and when your favorite song comes up on your ipod from Wicked.. you can hold your arms out while you are running, turn your face up to the sun and you feel like you are floating..

lessons learned..

Have a cupcake kind of day!


No comments:

Post a Comment