Sunday, January 23, 2011

the January girls and their stories..

Both of my lotus blossom daughters were born in January.. one mid month and one towards the end.. so this month is full of celebrations.. week long.. no ... month long birthday celebrations.. for both of them..

They are very different.. and in many ways alike.. they believe in stories ..old ones and new ones..

The first born lotus blossom loves stories about journeys.. how we got here.. memories that we have.. she is the historian of our family.. a role that my mother had in her family.... and my first born has inherited that roll .. she saves photos and letters and cards and memories and hands them out when needed.. after my mother passed she found my baby book.. long ago forgotten in a box of my mother's papers.. rescued it and passed it back to me.. She likes peoples stories and hopefully realizes that she builds her own by protecting and keeping safe memories and history of loved ones.

The baby lotus blossom loves stories as well but uses them to heal hurts and hard times.. gently guiding children to tell their stories in order to help them understand themselves...without fear or pain.  She helps them finish stories.. put together words.. brings together page after page and binds them in a healing book..making memories bearable or at least understandable for others..

I am glad that I have the January girls.. they are pages in my book.. stories themselves..

Happy Birthday to you..

No comments:

Post a Comment