Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dunkin and Louie...

I really ....really .....want a dog.. I have for a long time and have spent many a day trying to talk my sweet Tim in to getting me one.. once I "adopted" a lost baby Springer Spaniel and allllllmooooosssst had Tim talked into keeping it.. when it dug up all of the plants in our living room and left little paw prints alllll over the walls.. the owners showed up and my sweet Tim handed the dog over immediately.. 

I spend a lot of time at Petco or PetSmart or where ever there is an adoption van.. hugging and snuggling doggies that need a home... and have picture in my phone of a favorite and a picked out name of "garbanzo" if by chance I am ever able to wear Tim out and bring home a family addition..

....until this weekend.. this weekend I got to babysit my oldest lotus blossom's two dachshunds... Dunkin and Louie.. wiggly.. smushy.. chunky... Dunkin and Louie are at my house for the weekend..

Two incredible events have occurred.. my sweet Tim gave in to having dogs in the house over the weekend..and my oldest lotus blossom daughter trusted her two beloved pets to me.. a prim and proper one that acts like his heart is broken if she is even out of the room and is known to refuse to eat and drink while she is gone..  and the other that will chase the light from a flashlight all over a room for hours.. thinking he can catch it and when held is somewhat like a slinky toy..the REAL Toy Story dog.

I have spent the weekend stepping out of the shower to face to two waiting dachshunds.. . tried to eat ice cream in front of two waiting dachshunds.. almost hung myself while trying to walk two wild and crazy dachshunds around the block on two different leashes.. (PS we have 1,200 zillion bushes to investigate on my street) ... coaxed one dachshund to eat and drink while the other tried to lick my face from top to bottom trying to get the food... it is heaven..

Hey.. Dunkin .. Louie.. where is that flashlight??

No comments:

Post a Comment