Thursday, November 4, 2010

push.. pull.. squeeze .. giggle..

I spent an hour last Friday in "never give up" Dr. Leighton's office learning the push, pull and squeeze technique to get my new parts to fall into place.. minimum 3 times a day.. push, pull and squeeze.. then giggle..

I find myself doing it while I am driving.. one at a time.. one hand is still on the wheel.. I guess that if Oprah knew she might ask us breast cancer survivors with new parts to pledge not to push pull and squeeze while we are driving.. but it does help pass the time..and it has become a giggle moment for me each day.. sometimes I actually pattern it to the music on the radio and can complete the required process during the duration of a song.. .. country music is the best..

I dropped off dinner this weekend to a friend that has been in treatment for a recurrence.. and when I hugged her, I recognized the heat that comes from chemo chemicals in your body after treatment.. it made me think of the time my favorite ingredient friend Anita hugged me and said.. "you feel hot".. and I felt a bit guilty that my journey has been so easy compared to others.. and that all I have to do is push, pull and squeeze...

My dinner friend and I spent some time laughing about pushing and pull new parts into place.. she got new parts a few years back.. I guess we always need to be pushing, pulling and squeezing into the place we need to be..some times it is a fight and sometimes it is only a songs worth of effort..

My energy is coming back..but I notice my patience is not where is should be.. I may need to push, pull and squeeze to get that back in place..I have decided no more surgeries this year.. check ups.. holidays... walking and then running.. push, pull and squeeze back into life... it is so full of giggles..

No comments:

Post a Comment