Saturday, October 30, 2010

Blessings in disguise..

... it took me a few days to recognize the blessings in disguise... my mother dying so suddenly brought up feelings and thoughts long ago dismissed..

the death of anyone brings along with it some personal challenges... how you grieve...emotions rise and  things can be difficult

.. rainbows, hats and flowers slowly pushed away dark clouds... hugs and laughter came flooding forward to push back things long ago dismissed..

...it took me a few days to recognize the blessings in disguise
the chance to see the rainbows, the hats and the flowers...
the chance to make the choice of the path you are on..
the chance to see how others see you ...to recognize what you have become..
or what you want to become......or what you must become..

it took me a few days for the clouds to be pushed away and realize that I am standing in the rainbow.. to have the chance to make a choice.. to recognize my blessings...

"People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within" ~ Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment