Monday, November 29, 2010

living in hope and hoping for Linda..

Terrible news this week about a lovely woman who has been a wonderful support for a number of woman fighting breast cancer.. Linda started Team Wish here in Anthem.. in the last 8 years they have walked and walked and walked.. and between blisters and shin splits and sore feet.. they have raised 1 million dollars in their fight against cancer.. Linda is a breast cancer survivor and has connected with many other survivors and many of us have connected with her...

She finds us.. some how .. some way .. she finds us and she folds us under her wing, sends us cards.. yells across Starbucks "Hey Julia's mom!", picks us right up off the sidewalk and hugs us till we are blue.. she found us..   Irma, me and Heather .. and probably dozens more that we do not know.  Linda is fighting again and when we first heard this.. panic set it..

In the last 24 hours I have forgotten to "sink into the breath" and find courage.  I do not feel fearless.. I am afraid..  for Irma .. for me..for Heather ..and for Linda... our tall, long legged angel in tennis shoes and bright green shirt.. walking.. walking.. is fighting again..  So I have to find my courage.. make myself fearless and try to breath deep and sink into the breath..

I have to make a choice.. for Irma ..for me.. for Heather..  and for Linda..

Living in hope instead of fear is a conscious choice - and it's one you may have to make over and over again as you deal with the uncertainties and fears that cancer brings your way. But each time you choose to live in hope you not only release the burdens you feel, but you empower yourself and your friend or relative who had cancer to continue to move forward in life. None of us knows how many days and hours we have left - whether or not cancer is in our lives. So, it is incumbent upon all of us to live in hope and accomplish all that we can in the days that await us~Anne Orchard  Author : Their Cancer - Your Journey

For Irma.. for me .. for Heather ..and for Linda..

No comments:

Post a Comment