Sunday, September 26, 2010

reaching for the stars... and making a mark..

My birthday week is over.. topped off by a fun filled dinner (with wine pairings) with my two Mikes..  who presented me with a professional "torch" .. that will keep me from setting the oven on fire while making "mikes campfire cupcakes" because I am trying to brown the marshmallows in the oven using the boiler.. We ate, drank and discussed celebrating "the girls" when my surgeries are all completed.. 
.
.....on the way home my sweet Tim and I talked about true friends and how some people become important parts of your lives while others barely make a mark.... we are blessed with good and loving friends.. we all seem to have a common cause.. to reach for the stars..

...my two Mikes are involved with the Melonhead Foundation which helps families of children with cancer.. keep the lites on.. keep the car running... reach the stars when people are having trouble even seeing them in a black sky..

..over the next few weeks things are going to be hectic.... getting up early to walk run this week.. at least twice is my goal... Tim and I are walking the 5K this upcoming weekend at Ironwood Golf Course for TEAM WISH .. the Anthem Susan G Komen 3-day walkers... my #1 lotus blossom daughter Julia is a part of this team...and this will be her 3rd year.. her comment after the first year "It changed my life".. and because of them.. other lives have been changed...

..as of this year they have raised a million dollars.. can you imagine.. a small team of people pulled together 6 years ago with a common cause.. determined to change the world... reaching for the stars.. and setting new goals each day ..month... year and they have changed peoples lives..

goals set... reached day by day.. week by week.. next is the Susan G Komen 5K on 10/10/10.. . my team radiated cupcakes was started by a co worker ... determined to change the world .. reaching for the stars... pulled together with a common cause...

..some people become important parts of your lives.. reaching for the stars... setting their goals.. while others barely leave a mark.. which one are you?  Leave a mark.. reach for the stars.. set your goals.. don't give up... sink into the breath and let it carry you up and up ... till you are not just reaching those stars.. you are one..

No comments:

Post a Comment