Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Look up .. there is the goal.. stop counting the steps.. look up..

It has been a crazy week... last injection Friday, ran/walked with my running group on Saturday.. I was miserably sore and stretched.... but friendship and encouragement and challenges always make me feel better.. my running buddy Kathy sticks close by.. encouraging.. her husband along with her..

they give me little adjustments.. " .. breath in through your nose... blow out through your mouth.. purse your lips...  look up.. look up"  I have a tendency to put my head down and plow forward.. determined to get through it.. Kathy and hubby are teaching me to look at the goal.. and stop counting the steps.. you get there faster..

we make a team within a team.. Kathy, hubby and I.... one or two people.. or a group of 10... = same goals.. I love being on a team..

this week I was able to help put together some last minute teams in order to take over management of a couple communities.. and after a day of crazy challenges, old pieces of pizza late in the afternoon, cleaning, organizing...I realized that I was practicing my newly learned running techniques.. purse lips... breath in through nose ..blow out through mouth.. look up.. look up at the goal.. I noticed my work buddies helping each other run an entire different race than the one that I ran on Saturday..I realized again that it helps to look up.. to focus on the goal and not put your head down to watch your feet.. look up and see all that is around you.. laughing co workers, all working on the same team.. with the same goals.. brain storming... making things work... I love being on a team.

Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.”
Bernice Johnson Reagon quotes (American Historian and Musician. b.1942)

No comments:

Post a Comment