Tuesday, September 21, 2010

can I help you with that bag ....mam??...

ok..maybe I am a little sensitive.. my body is over reacting to the anti inflammatory I have to take to get up and move around during my reconstruction..... and I am swelling up like a little sausage.. I am tired.. it is too hot.. my feet hurt.. and I am having another birthday tomorrow... so when the "bag boy" or the "catch that item and bag it guy" who looked 8 .. said to me.. "Mam.. can I help you with that bag"... I almost ...almost.. tried to run over his foot with the cart..

but I stopped myself.. took a deep breath in... blew all the darkness out.. and replied.. "thank you but I have it"..

I did not empty the cart and send it on its way across the parking lot to slam into another "mam's" car that was parked there... I walked it to the cart area and put it away... I made sure that I blew out the "I feel sooooo old today" thoughts and counted my blessings..I am having another birthday tomorrow... so.. its all good... "thank you .. but I have it"... :)  

It is ok to have days you are glad are over.. as long as you have days.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment