Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"are this a little high??" and other areas of concern..

My boobs are too high..

yep..yep... they are.. I have one more trip to "never give up" Leighton for 80 ccs more of sloshing saline solution and I am at my 500 ccs.. which is where I want to be. I feel like I have golf balls in my arm pits, my "port has moved", I am cranky, my shoulders hurt..blah blah blah...and I am stretched from my collar bone to my arm pits to my rib cage..

For those are wondering if I will have to be a survivor with breasts up to my throat...not true.. I am stretching and growing new skin...making room under my chest wall muscle... I have been assured that although not to my knees as most woman my age.. my new boobies will be reasonably placed and not at my neck..

...the best part of the week my taking chocolate cappuccino cupcakes to the doctors office and getting emails from the entire staff including Leighton with descriptions that they were the best they had ever had.. reminder.. that is how I want my boobies... the best I have ever had.

Such silly things to worry about.. I am cancer free today.. I am cancer free today.. but so many are not and the fight continues.. adding warriors every day.. EVERY DAY..

This last week I became aware that 3 wonderful women that I am associated with.. fellow survivors as well as first time fighters have cancer.. 3 wonderful women...


no family history = stage 3, double mastectomy with chemo and radiation...

cervical cancer = a young mother having to make decisions no one should make..

a survivor = with returning cancer that may be in bone..


..and I complain and am cranky....and feel guilty because I am so blessed ...and so lucky and so here.. my boobs could be on my head.. and I am still here.. not vomiting from chemo, not burning from radiation, not trying to explain to young children that I have cancer...

Yep my boobs are too high and I am cancer free today...

No comments:

Post a Comment