Tuesday, August 3, 2010

eat healthy, start to add things back to your routine slowly.. .Enjoy your Life

My perception of breast cancer and cancer all together is taking a turn...the change has been coming on for a while.. but it is very noticeable to me lately... maybe because my higher power has placed my being in the hands of some incredible people.. or because he/she has placed my mind in an incredible place.. I am not sure.. but my courage and joy grows day by day..

Each new person added to my team is somehow brought to me through others..... recommendations.... mentions in conversations and I am led to joy almost each day due to that...

Let me introduce you to the last of the doctors that make up my "reconstructed Mary" journey..he is a good humored, easy and softly speaking medical oncologist by the name of Dr. Kato... that welcomed Tim and I to his office by taking away all of the paperwork I was trying to complete (with the same hundred questions..of when you had childhood diseases that have NOTHING to do with cancer)....

...starting our visit by saying.."let us do that for you.. I have all your stuff that I need".. love love love... why do I fall in love so easily these days..

Dr. Kato in his lime green plaid shirt... calmly went through my pathology, notes from other doctors and then looked calmly up and said "questions?"

I confirmed with him (because I wanted him to say it out loud) no chemotherapy, no radiation.. "Nope, your margins are fantastic..no cancer there..no chemotherapy ..no radiation..."

"OK", I ask "what next?".... there is always something else.. a just in case.. a "we think this will be more protection".. like hormone inhibitors that case incredible bone pain.. which is what I was expecting to be told I had to take..

The green plaid shirt calmly told me.. "nothing really...you do not need the inhibitors because you chose a double mastectomy..you do not have a second breast for the cancer to come back to and that is what those are to prevent.... add things back to your routine slowly...remember you have had a traumatic surgery.. it will take months to heal...manage your fatigue...the process of stretching your wall muscles for your implants will be painful.. so don't be frightened by that.. come back to see me in 6 months.. have an ultrasound in a year and Mary... Enjoy your Life"...

Lessons learned = Living in Joy and defying gravity... enjoying your life.. all of these reminders of how we are to live each day... sink into the breath.... open your heart.. and thank the universe for putting such incredible beings within my grasp..a cosmic and universal recipe of ingredients of family, friends, angels and joy..

Enjoy your Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment