Friday, July 30, 2010

choose to live in joy... starting with 6 ccs

My life's journey is full of excitement and fun.... my cousin Kendra had a note on her facebook page that said.. "you cannot rid the world of sorrow.. but you can choose to live in joy"... yes yes yes.. is what I thought to myself when I read that.

I get a bit more energy each day and I am able to work part time from home.. I started walking this week.. only up and down the block twice but easily done.. next week I will add a third time and by mid August I am going to try to meet the cupcakes on Saturday mornings for a mile.. next week I actually go in to the office and life goes on.. living in joy..

..today I had my first weekly "pump up" at Leighton's office....now let me try to explain to you how the excitement of this first "install" was dampened a bit when I saw the needles and cylinders on the table by the patent's chair.. the needle did not look really big but the cylinder it was attached to was the size of my arm... so of course I took the appropriate action and closed my eyes..

...for those of you that love the graphic details... you know who you are.. there is a port under my skin that can be found with a little gray metal device that tells the doctor where to stick the needle.. the first one was quick, easy with very little discomfort.. the second decided to cause a muscle spasm that almost made me wet my pants.. "felt that" the doctor commented.. good.. me too.. eyes remain closed.. eyes remain closed..

wow... there is a difference..not much and once you get past the fact that your chest feels like someone is sitting on it because your muscle wall has been stretched again.... you look and you look again.. and you see........... boobies... little ones to be sure but there is some cleavage.... I choose to live in joy!

these last weeks my joy has been overwhelming.. we did not have to cook one dinner for more than two weeks.. cupcake runner friends and TEAM WISH walkers all showed up at my door each night at 6 pm with full meals, cupcakes, salads, cards and even paper plates.. hugs and hugs and hugs.. cards and flowers and cookies.. and love...and prayers..

I choose to live in joy! I choose to live in joy! and boobies.. little ones.. yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment