Thursday, August 19, 2010

Stripped down to zero and other serious conversations...

"Having had cancer, one important thing to know is you're still the same person at the end. You're stripped down to near zero. But most people come out the other end feeling more like themselves than ever before" ~Kylie Minogue

This week has been full of "serious" conversations with friends and co workers about who we are .. why we are here.. what kind of power we can pull from inside us to fight our foes..working on not being fearless but having courage..

During these conversations I have become more and more convinced... my heart is pure and I am who I am because of what I have been through.. I like who I am and where I am going.. spiritually, physically, mindfully with courage and purpose..  I feel my heart is pure..  I feel joy, I laugh more, I love more, I am more... because I had to start over..

Yes.. it is true.... when you are told you have cancer.. for a moment, a day, a week or maybe forever ..you are "stripped down to zero"...If you are blessed like me.. if you are lucky like me... you start over.. what a wondrous opportunity.. to start over.. so many of us go through life ...each day the same.. with never a thought of anything deeper than.. "I need a haircut".. or "ugh..what a day at work"..  They do not see the opportunity of each day ..no each minute.. to start over..

Don't misunderstand me.. my mind will still wander in that direction ..today for some reason I decided to visit Kohls and try on bras.. pretty ones.. size B.. nope that did not work well and was a bit depressing.. but more often than not..my mind wanders in the direction of how much I enjoy the people around me..especially my children.. they are incredible human beings...and my friends... all I want is to lift them into the light.. with a shoulder, a hug, cupcakes and encouragement.. we cannot fail.. we only learn who we are..

once we are stripped down to zero..

No comments:

Post a Comment