Sunday, October 10, 2010

Susan G Komen ~ The Promise

It is about 4:30 am and we are getting ready to leave.  We are heading downtown so that I can participate in the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure.  I have taken my Tylenol, wrapped my ribs in bandages for support and I am ready.. I am disappointed I will not be able to run... but my lungs cannot take it yet and with my surgery tomorrow.. I cannot risk pushing too much.. It has been a fight to get this far because of that stupid cold that decided to settle into my lungs at the last minute..

what is so special to me about this race is that it is not just about breast cancer ...it is about sisters.. and the promise of one to the other that she would do everything she could to keep other women from going through the pain, mutilation and despair that her beloved sister had to go through in her attempts to live... promises can change lives... that promise made years ago changed millions of lives... I hope I can change one at a time..

So... Susan... here is my promise... I will never give up.. I will fight cancer with every ounce of my being.. I will be there for others and will try to help them understand cancer as a gift and an opportunity to be reborn.. and not a death sentence.. .. I promise..

No comments:

Post a Comment