Friday, October 8, 2010

Walking the Susan G Komen 5K - antibiotics..rest...rest... rest -

My second surgery is scheduled for Monday and I feel awful...after an week of coughing that has made me feel like my chest was going to split apart and fever, my doctor has put me on antibiotics..in hopes I will be able to to have surgery as scheduled on Monday morning.. 

It is discouraging to have your body betray you by not getting over a cold immediately... I always get over a cold ...immediately...

I keep in my mind that nothing has changed.. I have no breasts.. but nothing has changed.. I always get over a cold ..immediately.. I do not have to slow down.. .. but I have had to face the cold hard fact that it is not my body betraying me that got me here.. instead it is me betraying my body.. pushing ...pushing..

....I always get over a cold... immediately.. As much as I try to pretend things are the same.. my life is different.. more fragile than before.. and it cannot be ignored. 

So I will rest.. until Sunday.. Sunday is the Susan G Komen 5K..I will not run on Sunday but walk..but I am going to go.. I have to... it was my goal to move across the finish line.. to move forward down the road... to finish a task and move on... I cannot give that up.. but I will rest... I will face facts this one time... I always get over a cold....immediately..

No comments:

Post a Comment