Friday, July 2, 2010

cupcake days and normal things...

I have become accustom in the last few weeks as I am going through the routine of daily things..the challenges ahead stay in the back of my mind ....floating to and from my focus.. the challenges ahead...

but not today.. not today..

today was a day of cupcakes and normal things...

up this morning early and without even realizing it at first, I found myself pulling out bowls and mixers.. softening butter,, room temperature eggs.. shifting ingredients.. I had some extra time.. no list checking this morning.. marking one more thing off... time for cupcakes and normal things..

I had forgotten how comforting and soothing the shifting of flour and sugar and whisking of eggs and buttermilk can be.. I found myself falling into the routine of placing bowls in a certain familiar order on the counter.. measuring and adding ingredients.. slowly fold and mix.. slowly fold and mix.. Ruby Red Velvet cupcakes with raspberry fillings..

Scoop and fill.. scoop and fill.. hiding spoonfuls of filling that will be the surprise when those Ruby Reds are bitten into.. I love the look on people's faces when they have that first bite...

Into the oven, don't watch .. don't hurry.. they know what to do.. frost and decorate...pack to take to work ..

how I love cupcake days and normal things....

No comments:

Post a Comment