Monday, July 5, 2010

when the banana bread sticks..

Tomorrow I visit my surgeon for the pre-op visit.. my list of serious questions at hand.. but not today... not yet....

........today was a day for fun....my granddaughter was being dropped off and we would bake and cook and then head over to the pool.. my youngest wise cracking, banana bread baking, beautiful granddaughter Talia..

My plan was that before the day was done.. ..Red Pepper Hummus - Orzo with cranberries and pine nuts - lasagna.. would be made.. all for a friend at work that will be going through radiation this week.. food .. to make her feel better.. to make things easier for this week...and of course we had to make banana bread..Talia's favorite....which we would have for ourselves.... little did I know the lesson I would learn..

We had some unusual challenges with the banana bread.. we mixed, sifted, buttered and floured pans only to have the banana bread stick to the pan..so we dug the bottom out..put it back together and sweeeeezed it so it looked pretty darn good.... perfection...according to Talia.... "Marcea (the oldest granddaughter) loves that crusty part grandma" she said looking quite pleased with herself.. easily pleased by pleasing someone else..it could not be more perfect she thought..

lesson learned.. the crusty parts, the parts that you may think are ruined and unsightly.. sometimes have to be dug out of the pan.. but with a little effort you can smush and squeeze and put things together into something that looks pretty darn good.... so says my banana baking beautiful Talia..

No comments:

Post a Comment